Rainbird Community Broadcasting is seeking a General Manager to provide leadership, innovation, and inspiration in the daily life of KRBD. The General Manager is responsible for the operational efficiency, management, and community outreach of the station. As a highly visible member of the public service sector media, it is expected that the General Manager will cultivate strong community support, corporate sponsorship, volunteerism, and provide for the news, music, and information needs of the station’s listenership.
The general manager’s responsibilities include:
• Overall management of station staff and volunteers including training and evaluation.
• Taking a leading role in the cultivation and stewardship of donors and underwriters.
• Maintaining and managing KRBD facilities and properties.
• Working with the Development Director on fund raising activities, events, and membership drives.
• Promoting the financial security and future prosperity of the station through grants and contracts with governments and other agencies.
• Maintaining FCC compliance
• Developing new products and services.
• Budget management and development and station strategic planning.
• Minimum four year college degree.
• Three years in organizational management or progressive supervisory role.
• Non-profit or public sector work history.
• Experience in radio broadcast communication. Background in print or TV may substitute.
• Background working with volunteers.
• Experience in broadcast technology a plus
KRBD is member owned and operated with support from CoastAlaska, Inc., a regional non-profit public broadcasting partnership consisting of seven stations. CoastAlaska provides administrative, financial, development, engineering, and technical support to its member stations. KRBD is an NPR affiliate and member of the Alaska Public Radio Network, and Public Radio International.
• Salary range is $48,000-$56,000 contingent on experience
• CoastAlaska stations offer a competitive benefits package.
• To apply send cover letter, resume and references by June 15, 2012 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: KRBD Manager Application) or Attn: KRBD Manager Application, 1101 Copper Ridge Road, Ketchikan, AK 99901
KRBD is an equal opportunity employer