Sen. Bert Stedman, R-Sitka, and Sen. Albert Kookesh, D-Angoon, are vying for the new Senate District Q seat, which covers most of Southeast Alaska. The two were in Ketchikan Wednesday, and talked about issues of regional concern during a live candidate call-in forum.
Ketchikan & Vicinity Forecast
See the latest Ketchikan and Vicinity forecast from the National Weather Service
Our Voices Will be Heard on the Land Once Again
The Latest on Facebook
- Wendy Hamilton sent us this reflective shot from Connel Lake. Each week, the Photo of the Day with the most "likes" on Facebook wins a free bag of Raven's Brew coffee and is featured as our cover photo! To submit a photo, just email it with a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org hours ago
- Here's a look at the local weather forecast...19 hours ago
- Expect numerous showers tonight. Lows around 44 degrees. A Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Numerous shows on Friday with scattered showers Friday night. Highs around 49 degrees, lows around 42 degrees. A Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Mostly cloudy with scattered rain showers on Saturday. Highs around 49 degrees, lows around 40 degree.
- Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain Sunday and Monday.
- Oops! We are out of stock of Zoe Hamm's wonderful Poem Mug, and forgot to put one aside for the KRBD mug collection!20 hours ago
If anyone out there has a poem mug they're willing to trade in for a different style...please let us know by posting a comment here, calling the station at 225-9655, or stopping by 1101 Copper Ridge.
Don't worry. We have plenty of Salmon Band and Dancing Pets mugs still in stock!