A car caught on fire in the Ketchikan Public Library parking lot Tuesday evening. Nobody was injured, but the car is in pretty bad shape.
A strong smell of burning rubber was in the air, and the car was still smoking, even though Ketchikan Fire Department firefighters had put out the flames. They were keeping a close eye on the smoldering vehicle, spraying it down periodically.
With the fire truck rumbling in the background, owner Leta Trask was surprisingly upbeat about the demise of her 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix. She talked with KRBD’s Leila Kheiry about what happened.
That was Leta Trask, whose car caught on fire Tuesday evening in the Ketchikan Public Library parking lot. Trask says she has insurance, and more cars at home.