The Ketchikan School Board continued work on the 2015 budget, which will be considered in final reading April 23rd. The nutrition program and policies were also discussed. School Board Member Ralph Beardsworth provides more information. SB041014
Ketchikan & Vicinity Forecast
See the latest Ketchikan and Vicinity forecast from the National Weather Service
Our Voices Will be Heard on the Land Once Again
The Latest on Facebook
- Here's a look at the local weather forecast through tomorrow:24 minutes ago
- Tonight will be partly cloudy with isolated showers in the evening and patchy fog late. Lows will be around 50 with light winds.
- Thursday will be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain, highs around 62 and light winds becoming southeast 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday night, we’ll have rain with lows around 51 and a southeast wind of 10 to 15 mph.
- Stephanie Jurries sent us this shot of a bear catching lunch at Dog Salmon Fish Pass on Prince of Wales Island. Each week, the Photo of the Day with the most "likes" on Facebook wins a free bag of Raven's Brew coffee and is featured as our cover photo! To submit a photo, just email it with a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org hours ago
- 23 hours ago
Naturalization ceremony set for Wednesday | KRBD
A naturalization ceremony for new U.S. citizens has been scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday in the federal courtroom on the top floor of the Federal Building in downtown Ketchikan.