Celebration of the Sea Art Walk
Date: May, 3rd 2013 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Celebration of the Sea Art Walk is from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm in Ketchikan. Many businesses and galleries are having special receptions and performances. Brochures are available at the Arts Council office or at any participating location. Highlights include:
- There will be a discussion about the new art pieces at the Ketchikan Public Library from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the library. Learn how they went from concept to the finished piece.
- There is an opening reception from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Main Street Gallery, 330 Main Street, for “YOU Inspire Me.” The show features the work of Sandy Shepard and Becki Hesedahl.
- There is an opening reception from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Tongass Historical Museum for “Our Town: The Life and Times of Ketchikan.”
- The films “The Timber Years” and “The Bush Pilots” will be shown at 5:30 pm, 7:00 pm at 8:30 pm at the Southeast Alaska Discovery Center.
- The Blessing of the Fleet begins at 5:30 pm at the Alaska Fish House Dock.
- There is a Public Art Tour on the Art Bus from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Catch the bus at the Ketchikan Public Library at 6:00 pm.
- Ketchikan CHARR’s “A Taste of Ketchikan” wine tasting is from 6:30 pm at 8:30 pm at the new KVB Visitors Center on Berth 2. Proceeds benefit the CHARR Scholarship Fund.
- CANCELLATION: The “Cut Plug” 10-minute play festival originally scheduled for May 3rd and 4th has been postponed until the fall.
- The annual “Shanties of the Sea” celebration begins at 7:30 pm at O’Brien’s Pub.