4th of July Events - Ketchikan
Date: July, 4th 2013 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
- The Ketchikan Kruzers annual 4th of July Car Show is from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the lot between 1st Bank (2030 Sea Level Drive) and the Red Anchor. Free admission to the public. There will also be a barbecue.
- St. John’s Episcopal Church’s annual 4th of July Pie Sale is from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm downstairs. The church is located on the corner of Mission and Bawden.
- Food and game booths are open at the Plaza on July 4th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- There will be a concession stand at the VFW Post from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- The Kid’s Parade in Ketchikan begins at 11:30 am at the Federal Building and goes to the tunnel. Participants line up at 11:00 am.
- The Main Parade in Ketchikan begins at noon in front of Madison Hardware and ends at Tatsuda’s IGA. Line up begins at 10:45 am.
- KRBD will broadcast patriotic music from noon to 2:00 pm.
- Unveiling of Terry Pyle’s salmon sculpture is at 3:00 pm at the Creek Street Bridge.
- Free root beer floats are available beginning at 3:30 pm at the platform in the parking lot next to the Ketchikan Public Library courtesy of First City Rotary.
- The annual Rotary Rubber Duck Race begins at 5:00 pm at City Park and ends at the Creek Street Bridge.
- Doors open at 5:30 pm at eh Great Alaskan Lumberjack Arena for the Alaska Iron Jack Championship. Competition begins at 6:00 pm Admission is free.
- The KRBD Skiff Raffle drawing is at 5:00 pm. Tune in to see if you’ve won!
- Weather permitting, the fireworks display in Ketchikan begins at 11:00 pm from the barge at the north end of Pennock Island.