Date: November, 3rd 2012 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center in Ketchikan is showing movies Saturday afternoons beginning at 2:00 pm. The movies focus on Alaska’s natural heritage, cultural history and public lands. The schedule follows:
- November 3rd – “Smokin’ Fish.” The story of Cory Mann, a quirky Tlingit businessman hustling to make a dollar in Juneau.
- November 10th – “National Wildlife Refuges of Alaska.” Visit 16 of Alaska’s national wildlife refuges and all their diversity.
- November 17th – “Fresh Thoughts on Timber Management.” Two films will be shown looking at efforts to protect forests and promote harvest at the same time, and new ways to use locally harvested wood.
- November 24th – “Denali National Part and Preserve.” Learn about the park and join rangers as they climb Mount McKinley.
- More in the series will be posted later in November….
Southeast Alaska Discovery Center