Friday Night Insight 2013-2014 Season
Date: November, 8th 2013 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Free presentations on a variety of topics, often related to the Forest and Southeast Alaska. Educational and entertaining for the whole family. The Discovery Center is located at 50 Main Street in Ketchikan. Programs start at 7:00 pm.
- November 8 – “The Tongass National Forest: a wild place to live” with Travis Bushman.
- November 15 – “Traditional Stories of the Northwest Coast Peoples” with Michael Epp.
- November 22 – Dave Rubin will speak about his solo exhibit currently on display at the Alaska State Museum.
- November 29 – 10 million years of salmon evolution and their future in a changing world with Gerald Smith.
- December 6 – Insects of the Forest with Dr. Elizabeth Graham
- December 13 – Images of Tsunami Debris with Kathy Peavey
- No programs December 20th and 27th, though movies will be shown
- January 3 – Members of the Tongass Community Food Alliance discuss Community Gardens
- January 10 – Geologist Jim Baichtal presents Marine Reptile Fossils and the Volcanoes in their Backyard
- January 17 – Faith Duncan shares secrets in the syrup: fireweed and rosehips
- January 24 – Karen Peterson shares tips for making your home energy efficient
- January 31 – Hear Original Traveler’s Tales of Alaska Explores with Charlotte Glover
- February 7 – Members of the Tongass Community Food Alliance discuss Garden Planning
- February 14 – Members of the Tongass Community Food Alliance continue a discussion on Garden Planning
- February 21 – Angie Taggart shares her experiences on the Iditarod Trail
- February 28 – The Bus and the Salmon Head Up Stream with Kyan Reeve and Leslie Jackson
- March 7 – Members of the Tongass Community Food Alliance discuss Garden Planning
- March 14 – Michael Epp speaks about preparing traditional Northwest Coast food
- March 21 -The National Ocean Science Bowl Report with Kayhi participants
- March 28 – Why Biomass? Ketchikan’s Planned Biomass Conversion with Ed Schofield
Southeast Alaska Discovery Center