Date: January, 5th 2013 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Southeast Alaska Discovery Center shows free movies on Saturday afternoons. Following is the 2013 schedule.
- January 5th – “Eating Alaska” – a vegetarian moves to Alaska, marries a hunter-fisher and sets off on a quest to eat the right thing.
- January 12th – “New Perspectives in Education” – Inge Kummant presents a follow up film from her January 11th talk.
- January 19th – “Crown of the Continent” – Learn about Wrangell Saint Elias National Park and Preserve.
- January 26th – “Sixty Degrees North at 500 feet” – Take the co-pilot seat and see mountain ranges, glaciers, tundra and more.
- February 2nd – “New Perspectives in Education” – Inge Kummant presents a follow up film from her February 1st talk.
- February 9th through March 16th – “National Parks: America’s Best Idea” – an award winning Ken Burn’s series on the history of national parks. A different episode will be shown each Saturday.
- March 23rd – “Building Alaska” – engineering projects that have made Alaska habitable in modern times.
- March 30th – “Klondike Gold Rush” – several films on the history of the Klondike Gold Rush.
Southeast Alaska Discovery Center