Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Ketchikan & Vicinity Forecast
See the latest Ketchikan and Vicinity forecast from the National Weather Service
Our Voices Will be Heard on the Land Once Again
The Latest on Facebook
- Of the 623 signatures on the petition, 492 were deemed valid. It's more than enough, but the city attorney says the ballot language proposes an ordinance that’s not enforceable.5 hours ago
According to the decision, "The proposed ordinance relates to administrative matters which are not subject to the initiative process."
The ballot prop, if voters supported it, called for the city to stop using chloramine to disinfect the city’s public water supply within a month.
City of Ketchikan attorney Mitch Seaver argues that means the city would be out of EPA compliance until a new facility is built, which could take years and could lead to significant fines for the city.
The city attorney also argues that the proposed ordinance is administrative, and an initiative process isn't appropriate.
- BREAKING NEWS: City of Ketchikan denies anti-chloramine ballot proposition on legal grounds.6 hours ago
- A look at the local weather...7 hours ago
- Partly cloudy skies tonight. Lows around 38 degrees. A northwest wind 10 mph.
- Partly cloudy skies Friday with isloated showers in the afternoon. Highs around 53 degrees. Light winds becoming southeast 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Mostly cloudy Friday night with scattered rain showers. Lows around 40 degrees. A southeast wind 10 mph.
- Mostly cloudy with scattered showers Saturday.
- Cloudy with a chance of rain Saturday night.