In the summer of 2010, KRBD moved from its longtime home on Stedman Street to 1101 Copper Ridge Road. Located in the former Ketchikan Medical Clinic Building, the new station has been completely renovated to meet the needs of KRBD’s staff, volunteers and listeners well into the future. Purchased with revenue from the sale of our Stedman Street building, the new facility is paid in full. If you haven’t stopped by and seen the new digs, come on in — we’d love to give you a tour.
Ketchikan & Vicinity Forecast
See the latest Ketchikan and Vicinity forecast from the National Weather Service
Our Voices Will be Heard on the Land Once Again
The Latest on Facebook
- Steve Hayburn caught this bald eagle taking off with a hunk of salmon in the Herring Cove area. Each week, the Photo of the Day with the most "likes" on Facebook wins a free bag of Raven's Brew coffee and is featured as our cover photo! To submit a photo, just email it with a brief description to email@example.com hours ago
- We predict the slugs will be a tad sluggish during the big race tomorrow. Otherwise, it looks like it will be a great weekend for the annual Blueberry Arts Festival!2 hours ago
- Tonight will be mostly clear with lows around 53 and a northwest wind of 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
- Saturday will be sunny with highs around 75 and light winds becoming northwest 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday night will be clear with lows around 53 and a northwest wind of 10 mph.
- Sunday will be partly cloudy with highs around 74 and lows around 53.
- 3 hours ago
Saxman files lawsuit over nonrural status | KRBD
The Organized Village of Saxman filed a lawsuit July 25 in federal court over the Federal Subsistence Board’s 2007 decision to designate the Tlingit Native village as non-rural.