KRBD Rainbird Community Radio invites you to submit an original design/logo for use on items that will be sold through our new online store.
ENTRIES ARE DUE OCTOBER 21, 2019
The winning design will be chosen by an anonymous selection panel, with final approval from the KRBD Board of Directors.
A prize of $500 will go to the winning design!
- Mail entries or drop them off at KRBD Rainbird Community Radio, 1101 Copper Ridge Lane, Ketchikan, Alaska, 99901; or email to email@example.com.
- Entries must be camera-ready
- Design must be appropriate for a T-shirt, mug, apron, etc.
- Design must include the words KRBD Ketchikan Alaska
- Design could incorporate KRBD’s logo, but doesn’t have to
- Design should reflect the service(s) that KRBD provides and/or its impact on the community
- Design can be any genre
- Artists may submit up to two designs
- Designs should include a smaller, simpler version for small items such as stickers, if the main design is complex
- Artwork previously exhibited in Southeast Alaska is not allowed (this includes art displayed on social media and websites)
- Include your mailing address, phone number and email with your submission
- Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like your design returned if it is not chosen. The original artwork of the winning design will become the property of KRBD.
PLEASE NOTE: Our organizational logo and the text “© KRBD Ketchikan” will be added in an unobtrusive area of the design. While you will retain the rights to use your image for your portfolio, KRBD will own the copyright to the selected work for reproductions.
Below is some information that could help inspire your design concepts:
KRBD strives to inform, educate, entertain, and engage our listeners through national, state, and local news broadcasts, with a variety of national shows that not only entertain, but educate, as well as an eclectic mix of locally produced music shows. We air weekly community interviews during Morning Edition covering a wide range of topics from safety measures to child care, public health concerns to gardening, to events that the public can attend or how they can volunteer their time and skills. Our local City Council meetings, Borough Assembly meetings and school board meeting are covered. During election season we broadcast candidate forums and open our phones so that community members can call in with their questions. All this is broadcast on the air, featured on our website, offered on Facebook and Twitter, and streamed from our website.
KRBD serves the community of Ketchikan, the Village of Saxman, the community of Metlakatla on Annette Island, and the communities of Craig, Klawock, Thorne Bay, Hydaburg, and Hollis on Prince of Wales Island.