To our beloved KRBD supporters:
In response to coronavirus concerns, and a desire to minimize any spread of the illness, KRBD has some new guidelines that we would like to share with you.
We are asking everyone who enters the building to immediately wash their hands. Also, please wash hands after using the restroom, and after sneezing or coughing. Please use a paper towel to open the bathroom door and turn off the light, and discard the paper towel in the waste basket.
We are no longer recording Public Service Announcements in person, but will offer over-the-phone PSA recordings. You also can record a PSA at home using a smartphone, and then email it to us. Morning Edition interviews and others news gathering will be over the phone and via internet as much as possible.
- If you or someone in your home are sick, stay home and let us know you can’t come in.
- Please limit people in the air room to one person at a time.
- After washing your hands, use disinfectant wipes on the board, table, mic handles, headphones (including earpieces), mouse, keyboard, and phone.
- Consider crafting music shows at home on your laptop or personal computer, putting that recording onto a (disinfected) memory stick and bringing it in for us. Connect with Maria if you want more information about how to make that option work.
- Consider coming in after hours to record backup shows that can be used anytime. But remember to wash hands and disinfect equipment that you’ve touched before leaving. Let us know when you’d like to come in so we can sign you up for a recording studio.
We are dedicated to bringing you updated, accurate news and information as soon as possible. Keeping staff healthy is essential for us to maintain that vital service.
Thank you for all your help and support!
Leila Kheiry, KRBD General Manager