This past weekend, Ketchikan, Craig and Juneau-Douglas high school Academic Decathlon teams met in their second annual virtual tournament, with 48 decathletes competing from the region. Teams stayed at home for competition and shared scores online before ending the tournament with a SuperQuiz held via web conference.
According to Ketchikan High School coach Peter Stanton, there were five different teams in the Super Quiz event, with Kayhi Team 1 tying for second place with Craig High School, and Kayhi Team 2 taking third.
Stanton and Craig coach Jessica Hughes provided a list of students and their scores.
Ketchikan High School Academic Decathlon students:
- August Cooper placed 9th in social science and 7th in essay.
- Alex Trugon placed 7th in economics.
- Daniel Neufeldt placed 6th in math and 1st in science.
- Robert Cope-Powell placed 10th in literature, 9th in math, and 5th in social science.
- RJ Danao placed 7th in math.
- Andrea Short placed 9th in literature and 8th in economics.
- Alphege Dulay placed 10th in math, 5th in essay, and 4th in social science.
- John Luke Calderon placed 9th in music, 9th in science, 7th in literature, 6th in social science, and 6th in art.
- Matthew Nutt placed 10th in literature, 6th in science, 4th in math, and 3rd in economics.
- Acacia Sexton placed 10th in art, 10th in literature, 7th in music, 6th in social science, 5th in economics, and 4th in essay.
- Campbell Sande placed 8th in math, 7th in economics, 4th in literature, and 2nd in social science.
- Mackenzie Fousel placed 10th in art, 8th in math, 5th in music, 3rd in economics, 1st in social science, and took 10th place overall.
- Evelyn Nutt placed 8th in math, 7th in science, 4th in economics, 3rd in literature, 1st in essay, and took 7th overall.
- Franklyn Correa placed 10th in literature, 9th in essay, 8th in math, 8th in social science, 7th in music, 4th in science, 3rd in economics, 1st in art, and took 5th place overall.
Craig High School Academic Decathlon students:
- Kinsley Killips placed 3rd in essay, 8th in music and 10th in art.
- Dayna Johnson placed 9th in essay.
- Nathan Brookshire placed 5th in science, 8th in math, 8th in speech, 10th in social science and 10th in economics.
- Arianna Brooks placed 7th in art and 9th in math.
- Terren Piburn placed 7th in interview and 10th in math.
- Hannah Altland placed 2nd in music, 4th in art, and 8th in literature.
- Wyeth Sheets placed 5th in literature, 6th in economics, and 9th in art.
- Damien Pinnow placed 6th in literature.
- Jalyn Spear placed 1st in speech and 10th in literature.
- Aaron Taylor placed 8th in interview.
- Kaylie Yorgensen placed 9th in interview.
- Sydney Bass placed 10th in interview.
- Wayne Brookshire placed 3rd in science, 6th in economics, 7th in social science, 8th in art, 9th in literature, 9th in speech and took 6th place overall.